The Marketing Assistant is a contract staff member of Victoria Festival of Authors and is responsible for coordinating the marketing for VFA2021, under the direction of the Festival Producer.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2021
Start Date: July 15, 2021
End Date: October 3, 2021
Victoria Festival of Authors (VFA) is located on the traditional, ancestral territories of the Lekwungen people, now known as the Songhees and Esquimalt nations. We acknowledge the ancestors, hereditary leaders and matriarchs, as well as the creators from these lands, and give thanks for the privilege of living and working here. We are committed to serving as learners and listeners.
- Develop marketing campaign, focusing on broadening our local audience and extending reach of digital aspects of festival.
- Create and distribute press releases.
- Build relationships and foster cross-promotion opportunities with related organizations in Victoria and beyond.
- Work with designer to develop festival bookmarks and posters, and distribute.
- Respond to all emails from partners in a timely fashion.
- Post twice weekly on social media channels, focusing on authors featured in VFA2021.
- Take over weekly MailChimp newsletters in August 2021, and daily newsletters during the festival: September 29-October 3. Newsletters feature events hosted by partner organizations, author interviews, and pre-views of festival events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail to ensure precision and efficiency in all tasks
- Ability to work autonomously
- Able to quickly and calmly solve problems that may arise
- Ability to show tact and diplomacy when dealing with partners and outside organizations, contacts
There is an expectation for the Marketing Assistant to meet weekly with the Festival Producer—in-person or via Zoom, otherwise the Marketing Assistant works from home and maintains flexible hours. There is no need for the marketing assistant to attend festival events, therefore being based in Victoria is unnecessary.
VFA embraces the principle of equity, with over 50% of participating authors identifying as a member of one or more marginalized communities. We encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people of Indigenous ancestry.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to email@example.com. Specify the position you are applying for in the title of your email.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.