The Digital Coordinator is a contract staff member of Victoria Festival of Authors and is responsible for coordinating all digital aspects of festival programming and production, under the direction of the Festival Producer.
Application Deadline: July 1, 2021
Start Date: July 15, 2021
End Date: October 3, 2021
Victoria Festival of Authors (VFA) is located on the traditional, ancestral territories of the Lekwungen people, now known as the Songhees and Esquimalt nations. We acknowledge the ancestors, hereditary leaders and matriarchs, as well as the creators from these lands, and give thanks for the privilege of living and working here. We are committed to serving as learners and listeners.
- Coordinate all production elements for digital festival events, including venue and instrument/tech arrangements, audio/visual requirements.
- Communicate with live-streaming providers and captioners to ensure live-streamed events run smoothly
- Coordinate Zoom Team: schedule members for four Zoom-based events, run practice sessions.
- Communicate with all Zoom-based authors and their publicists regarding event requirements.
- Create and/ or modify Keynote slideshow that plays during Zoom events.
- Attend all festival events and trouble-shoot digital aspects as needed.
- Respond to all emails from authors, publicists of key partners in a timely fashion.
- Serve as key contact for digital aspects of the festival
- Ensure that all authors, audience members and volunteers are respected and made to feel welcome at festival events.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High level of organization and attention to detail to ensure precision and efficiency in all tasks
- Ability to work autonomously
- Able to quickly and calmly solve problems that may arise
- Be familiar with Zoom Webinars, or have a willingness to learn independently through Zoom-held training sessions.
- Ability to show tact and diplomacy when dealing with authors, partners, outside organizations, contacts, volunteers and audiences
- Experience in event production
There is an expectation for the Digital Coordinator to meet weekly with the Festival Producer—in-person or via Zoom, and to arrange meetings with key festival contacts when needed, otherwise the Digital Coordinator works from home and maintains flexible hours. Must be available to work evenings and weekends during the festival, from September 29-October 3, 2021.
VFA embraces the principle of equity, with over 50% of participating authors identifying as a member of one or more marginalized communities. We encourage applications from women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities, and people of Indigenous ancestry.
Please send your resumé and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specify the position you are applying for in the title of your email.
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.